Welcome to St Anselm’s Catholic Youth Organization basketball 2022-2023 season!
We are excited to kick off the program for the 2022-2023 season!
Registration Closes October 27
ENROLLMENT LIMITATIONS: Due to limited gym space, there is a cap on the number of participants for the program this season. For that reason, you are encouraged to register as early as possible to ensure a spot. Note that St. Anselm’s school students will be given priority, then registered parish members of St. Anselm’s church, followed by players who reside within the St. Anselm parish boundary. Once the maximum number of players has been reached, new registrations will be placed on a waiting list.
ASSESSMENTS: Assessments begin the week of October 24th. Assessments will be held at St. Anselm Gym with the exception of the 7th & 8th grade boys. See schedule below. There are two assessments for each grade. Players seeking to participate on an A team must attend, but all players are encouraged to attend the assessments.
- 4th Grade (BOYS): 10/29-11:15am** (1.25 hour) & 11/1-4:30pm (1 hour)
- 4th Grade (GIRLS): 10/29-12:30pm** (1.25 hour) & 11/1-5:30pm (1 hour)
- 5th Grade (BOYS): 10/26-5:00pm (1 hour) & 10/29-9:00am (1 hour)
- 5th Grade (GIRLS): 10/27-5:00pm (1 hour) & 10/28-5:00pm (1 hour)
- 6th Grade (BOYS): 10/26-6:00pm (1 hour) & 10/29-cancelled
- 6th Grade (GIRLS): 10/27-6:00pm (1.25 hour) & 10/28-6:00pm (1.25 hour)
- 7th Grade (BOYS): 10/24-7:00pm** (1 hour) & 10/26-7:00pm** (1 hour)
- 7th Grade (GIRLS): 10/26-7:00pm (1 hour) & 10/27-7:00pm (1 hour)
- 8th Grade (BOYS): 10/24-8:00pm** (1 hour) & 10/26-8:00pm** (1 hour)
- 8th Grade (GIRLS): 11/1-6:30pm (1.25 hour)
** Location: Archie Williams Gym
TEAM ASSIGNMENTS: The St. Anselm CYO Board follows an unbiased evaluation process to create teams. The objective is to match the skill level of players to the team that best fits their ability. The St. Anselm CYO Board will approve, sanction and have final authorization over the formation of all teams following the formal evaluation process. Coaches will contact players on their teams later in October.
FEE/REFUNDS: The fee is $280 per player. No refunds will be processed after evaluations begin on October 26th.
UNIFORMS: Each player will be responsible for purchasing a St. Anselm uniform. Top and shorts are estimated to be $60 at T&B Sports in san Rafael. If you have a uniform you are good to go.
KEY DATES FOR THE 2022-2023 SEASON:
- October 27th: registration closes
- October 24th-30th: assessments
- Early November: practices begin
- Weekend of Jan. 7-8, 2023: season starts / first games
- Feb. 18-19, 2023: BYE week (whole league)
- March 11-12 & 18/19: Playoffs
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION STEP: Once you have registered via the link above (St. Anselm registration), please also register with the Marin CYO. Select the drop menu for “Marin Athletics” then “Basketball – Marin.” While the CYO organization is currently setting up this page, please check back if it is not yet functional.
THIRD GRADERS: Third graders are not allowed in the fourth grade program. Please reference the third grade page on this website for information on the program.